We are all going through some difficult times right now. Even though we are not able to run our HeadStart interventions face-to-face in schools we are still here for young people, their families and schools in Newham.
- If you are a young person or someone concerned about a young person’s mental health at this time there is FREE counselling available online from Kooth, they also have discussion forums and daily journals. For more information and to access, please click here
- The team have created a wellbeing journal full of fun activities and ideas to keep you occupied and curious during these unsettling times. The journals will be included in the #HelpNewham family resources and you can download it here.
- We are checking in with young people via phone / text or online on a regular basis and providing resources for schools’ staff to support those children who are still attending.
- There will be a lot more digital activities starting and running over the next few weeks, all our social media links are at the bottom of the page.
- Youth Panel – the youth panel is a space where you can meet other young people in Newham and have a space to talk or just “be”. You can get access to advice and support from practitioners or connect with other opportunities that you might be interested in, such as dance, music production, quizzes and games. Finally, you will be able to work with us at HeadStart to design how our services are delivered, helping other young people in Newham to get involved. Youth Panel is currently running a fortnightly session on Zoom. The next meeting is on Friday 15 May at 4pm join us here.
- BounceBack online is a great website divided into steps with activities you can do in your own time. There is no set way of going through them, click on whatever you feel like today. Examples of steps are “noticing the good things in life”, “dealing with tricky situations and people” or “sleeping better”.
- Creative arts and sports activities: Change, Grow, Live have created lots of activities for young people to get involved in. Youth Empowerment Service workshops and activities can be found here and East London Dance are providing digital groups with their existing groups of young people.
If you’re on social media check us out @HeadStartNewham on:
Twitter , Instagram , Facebook and YouTube
You can still contact us Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm on the following details:
T: 020 33739983 E: HeadStart.firstname.lastname@example.org